What is light in other languages?
Dutch: licht niet zwaar. European Spanish: ligero. Finnish: kevyt. French: léger. German: leicht Gewicht.
What are cool foreign words?
47 Cool Foreign Words That Will Make You Sound Crazy…
- Ad infinitum. Need a way to use this Latin phrase in conversation?
- Ad nauseam.
- Al fresco.
- Au fait.
- Au naturel.
- Bona fide.
- Bon mot.
How do you say illuminate in different languages?
In other languages illuminate
- American English: illuminate /ɪˈlumɪneɪt/
- Brazilian Portuguese: iluminar.
- Chinese: 照亮
- European Spanish: iluminar.
- French: éclairer.
- German: beleuchten.
- Italian: illuminare.
- Japanese: 照らす光を
What is the most beautiful word in all languages?
Here’s our list of the most beautiful words from other languages with no (direct) English translations:
- Waldeinsamkeit (German)
- Wabi-Sabi (Japanese)
- Saudade (Portuguese)
- Ya’aburnee (Arabic)
- 缘分 or yuánfèn (Mandarin)
- Forelsket (Norwegian)
- Kilig (Tagalog)
- Commuovere (Italian)
What is the meaning of Lumiere?
noun. light [noun] the brightness given by the sun, a flame, lamps etc that makes things able to be seen. It was nearly dawn and the light was getting stronger.
How do you say Bright in other languages?
- Bosnian: svijetao. Bulgarian: ярък Catalan: brillant. Cebuano: hayag. Chinese (Simplified): 亮 Chinese (Traditional): 亮
- Indonesian: terang. Irish: geal. Italian: luminoso. Japanese: 明るい Javanese: padhang. Kannada:
- Polish: jasny. Portuguese (Portugal, Brazil): brilhante. Punjabi: ਚਮਕਦਾਰ Romanian: luminos. Russian: яркий Samoan:
What are some aesthetic words?
What are some rare words with beautiful meanings?
25 Best Rare Words with Beautiful Meanings
- Coddiwomple (English slang)
- Eleutheromania (Greek)
- Eudaimonia (Greek)
- Fernweh (German)
- Hiraeth (Welsh)
- Hygge (hoo-geh) (Danish)
Is illuminate Latin?
From Middle English illuminaten, borrowed from Latin illūminātum, supine of illūminō (“lighten, light up, show off”), from in + lūminō (“light up”), from lūmen (“light”). Cognate with Old English lȳman (“to glow, shine”). More at leam.
What is the root word for illuminate?
Verb. Middle English, from Latin illuminatus, past participle of illuminare, from in- + luminare to light up, from lumin-, lumen light — more at luminary.
What are some beautiful rare words?
What is an exotic word for beautiful?
Ravishing extremely attractive or beautiful; entrancing. Recherché exquisite; lavishly elegant; exotic. Remarkable worthy of notice or consideration; extraordinary; conspicuous; exceptional. Resplendent splendid; brilliant; dazzling; colorful and shiny.
What is the meaning of Sourire?
1. [ personne] to smile. faire sourire qn to make sb smile.
What is the meaning of Tenerife?
The name Tenerife comes from Guanche teni (mountain) + ife (snow) (literally snow mountain).
What language is luminous?
Borrowed from Middle French lumineus, from Latin lūminōsus.
How do you say Bright in French?
How to say ‘bright’ in French? – YouTube
What are some dreamy words?
What is the most unique word?
The 15 most unusual words you’ll ever find in English
- Serendipity. This word appears in numerous lists of untranslatable words and is a mystery mostly for non native speakers of English.
Is luminate a word?
(obsolete) To illuminate.
What is does illuminating mean?
1a(1) : to supply or brighten with light. (2) : to make luminous or shining. b : to enlighten spiritually or intellectually. c : to subject to radiation. d archaic : to set alight.
What are elegant words?
What are some rare words?
10 unusual words to add to your English vocabulary
- Anachronism. An anachronism is something (or someone) that is out of place in terms of time or chronology.
- Accismus. A form of irony in which someone feigns indifference to something he or she desires.
What is the meaning of Espoir?
Espoir, a French word meaning “hope”, may refer to: Man’s Hope (French: L’Espoir), a 1937 novel by André Malraux.
How do you spell Lanzarote?
Lanzarote, island, Las Palmas provincia (province), in the Canary Islands comunidad autónoma (autonomous community), Spain. It is the easternmost of the Canary Islands, in the North Atlantic Ocean.
What does lumine mean?
Lumine is an obsolete verb meaning “to illuminate”. It may refer to: Lumines, a puzzle video game series.