How do I fix greyed out Wi-Fi on my iPhone 4S without heat?
Introduction. A common problem in the iPhone 4S, sometimes the Wi-Fi button will be grayed out and unclickable. This problem seems to be related to thermal shock — the problem may be temporarily fixed by simply putting the phone in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, or under a lamp for 30 minutes.
How do you fix disabled Wi-Fi on iPhone 4S?
Question: Q: iphone 4s wifi option disabled.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Make sure that airplane mode is off by tapping Settings > Airplane Mode.
- Reset the network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Make sure that your device is using the latest software.
How do I fix Wi-Fi greyed out on iPhone 4S iOS 7 video?
Yeah so the first thing to do is just restart your iPhone to see if that works hmm turn it off turn back on it yep. You haven’t tried that. Try.
How do you fix a frozen iPhone 4S?
Force restarts are very simple and require no tools.
- Step 1 How to Force Restart an iPhone 4S. Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button. 4 comments.
- Continue holding both buttons for about 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Add Comment. 1024.
How do I fix greyed out Wi-Fi button?
If your WiFi button is still grey, go into Settings > General > Software Update and make sure your device is up to date.
- Go to Settings > General and then tap on Reset.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- You will then see the Apple logo and your phone will restart.
How do I force my iPhone to turn on Wi-Fi?
Make sure that Wi-Fi is on and you can see your network
Go to Settings > Wi-Fi and make sure that Wi-Fi is on. Tap the name of your Wi-Fi network to join. A blue checkmark beside a network name means that you’re connected. If you see Auto Join Disabled under your Wi-Fi network name, tap it turn on Auto-Join.
Why is the Wi-Fi button greyed out on my iPhone?
If your WiFi button is still grey, go into Settings > General > Software Update and make sure your device is up to date. If your iPhone is up-to-date and you’re still unable to turn your Wifi on or off, then the next step is to perform a full backup and restore of your device.
How do I turn my Wi-Fi greyed out on my iPhone?
What do you do when your iPhone WiFi button is greyed out? Potential Fixes! Toggle Airplane Mode and Do Not Disturb on/off by going to Settings > Airplane Mode ON and Do Not Disturb ON > Turn Off Phone > Leave for 15min-20min > Turn Phone Back On > Turn Off Airplane Mode and Do Not Disturb > Turn WIFI ON.
How do I revive my iPhone 4s?
- Press and hold the. Power. (top edge) and. Home button. (at the bottom) until the Apple logo appears (at least 10 seconds but could take longer) then release.
- Allow several seconds for the reboot process to complete. If your device won’t power back on, partially charge the device then retry.
Why is my iPhone frozen and won’t turn off?
Keep charging your phone for at least 15 minutes. Now press the volume up and then volume down buttons. After that, long-press the side button until “Apple” appears on the home screen. This will fix the problem immediately.
How do you fix Wi-Fi on iPhone when its greyed out?
How do I fix greyed out Wi-Fi and Bluetooth on my iPhone?
You need to reset the Network settings to resolve WiFi iPhone greyed out using the following steps:
- Open the Settings and go to the General tab.
- Scroll down and look for the Reset button.
- Now, select the Reset Network Settings and enter the passcode to continue.
- You need to click on the Reset Network Settings.
What do I do if my Wi-Fi is greyed out on my iPhone?
Why wont my iPhone let me turn my Wi-Fi on?
If you’re still unable to turn on Wi-Fi, reset the network settings. This will reset all network settings, including Wi-Fi passwords, VPN, and APN settings. Be sure you have your passwords handy before resetting. When you’re ready, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
Why is my Wi-Fi disabled?
Many users have reported having fixed android wifi problem by simply disabling airplane mode. In case the airplane mode is turned on, it automatically disables WiFi. To turn it off, go to setting, down to Wireless and Network, then disable airplane mode.
How do I manually reset my iPhone 4s?
How do I put iPhone 4s in DFU mode?
- Plug your device into your computer.
- Turn off the device.
- Hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
- Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button.
How do you turn off iPhone if it is frozen?
Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force restart your device.
What do I do if my iPhone is completely frozen?
How to fix a frozen or unresponsive iPhone
- Quickly press and release the volume up button.
- Quickly press and release the volume down button, then press and hold the side button.
- When the Apple logo® appears, release the side button.
How do I fix disabled Wi-Fi on my iPhone?
Why is the Wi-Fi on my iPhone disabled?
Can you factory reset an iPhone 4 without a computer?
Go to the Settings app > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. If you turned on Find My iPhone, then you’ll need to enter your Apple ID and password.
How do I factory reset my iPhone with just the buttons?
How to Factory Reset iPhone with Buttons? Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds, or until the Apple logo appears. After the Apple logo appears, release both buttons. The phone will go through with the standard startup procedure.
How do I put my iPhone 4s into recovery mode without the home button?
 How to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode without Button
How do I put my iPhone 4 in DFU mode without the home button?
Enter DFU mode without using the Home button
After starting iTunes, press and release the Volume Up button on your device. Then press and release the Volume Down button. Press and hold the Power/Side button. While continuing holding the Power button, press and hold the Volume Down button for a few seconds.