What does Consolability mean?
able to be consoled
Adj. 1. consolable – able to be consoled. disconsolate, inconsolable, unconsolable – sad beyond comforting; incapable of being consoled; “inconsolable when her son died” Based on WordNet 3.0, Farlex clipart collection.
What’s the definition of Unconsolable?
: very sad and not able to be comforted I was inconsolable when my cat died. Other Words from inconsolable. inconsolably \ -blē \ adverb.
What do you mean by consoled?
consoled; consoling. Definition of console (Entry 2 of 2) transitive verb. : to alleviate the grief, sense of loss, or trouble of : comfort console a widow I consoled myself with the thought that things could be much worse.
Is it Unconsolable or inconsolable?
Meaning of inconsolable in English. so sad or disappointed that it is impossible for anyone to make you feel better: They were inconsolable after the death of their young son.
What do you understand by interactive?
1 : mutually or reciprocally active. 2 : involving the actions or input of a user especially : of, relating to, or being a two-way electronic communication system (such as a telephone, cable television, or a computer) that involves a user’s orders (as for information or merchandise) or responses (as to a poll)
What is the opposite of inconsolable?
adjective. Sad beyond comforting; incapable of being consoled. Antonyms. consolable hospitable cheerful. desolate.
How do you console someone?
7 Ways to Console Someone Going Through a Hard Time
- Be There for Them. We show up for the people we care about.
- Tell Them (and Show) That You Love Them.
- Let Them Know You’re Thinking of Them.
- Take Time to Listen.
- A Hug Can Speak Volumes.
- Share Memories.
- Continue Offering Support.
What part of speech is console?
verb (used with object), con·soled, con·sol·ing. to alleviate or lessen the grief, sorrow, or disappointment of; give solace or comfort: Even his children could not console him when his wife died.
How do you use inconsolable?
—inconsolably adverb She wept inconsolably. Examples from the Corpusinconsolable• After the death of her baby she was inconsolable. During the funeral, Doris was inconsolable. But Castor was dead and Pollux was inconsolable.
What type of word is interactive?
As detailed above, ‘interactive’ is an adjective. Adjective usage: Two interactive systems.
What’s the opposite of interactive?
What is the opposite of interactive?
How do you use inconsolable in a sentence?
Inconsolable sentence example
He’ll be inconsolable, Linda said with a delighted laugh. The old man’s grief was agonizing and inconsolable. Comte was as inconsolable after Madame de Vaux’s death as D’Alembert after the death of Mademoiselle L’Espinasse.
What are two synonyms for inconsolable?
synonyms for inconsolable
How do you say comforting words?
Specific Words of Comfort
- I am thinking of you.
- I have no words… But I want you to know I love you and am here for you.
- Holding you close in my thoughts and prayers.
- I wish I could take your pain away.
- Just wanted to share this photo of [name] with you. He had such a wonderful heart and I’ll miss him a ton. [
How do I comfort someone over text?
Examples of Mourning Texts
- Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you, praying for you, and grieving with you.
- I’m here if you ever need to talk.
- My heartfelt condolences go out to you and your family.
- Can I bring you anything?
- I’m sorry for your loss.
- Just wanted to share my favorite photo of [name] with you.
What do you call a person who consoles?
Consoler – definition of consoler by The Free Dictionary.
Does inconsolable mean sad?
Someone inconsolable can’t be comforted because they’re extremely sad and despairing. To console someone is to comfort them with kind words, hugs, or otherwise. When someone is inconsolable, they’re so upset that all the words and hugs in the world are ineffective. An inconsolable person can’t be consoled.
What is an interactive person?
(ˌɪntərˈæktɪv ) adjective. 1. acting on one another; reciprocally active.
What is a synonym for interactive?
automated, collaborative, dialogue, interchange, lively, mutual, proactive, reactive, two-way, vibrant, Participative, hands-on, transactional.
What is inconsolable crying?
Inconsolable crying, as the name implies, is when your baby is crying, and nothing will calm them. This type of crying can even seem to come out of nowhere! If the crying intensifies and lasts throughout the day or night, it may be caused by colic.
What to text someone who is going through a hard time?
- “You got this.”
- “Good luck today!
- “Sending major good vibes your way.”
- “I know this won’t be easy, but I also know you’ve got what it takes to get through it.”
- “Hope you’re doing awesome!”
- “Time to go kick cancer’s ass!”
- “Keep on keeping on!”
What is a good short sympathy message?
Short Condolence Messages
Gone from our sight, but never from our hearts. Heartfelt thoughts go out to you in this time of sorrow. I will be thinking of you in this moment of pain. I am thinking about you and sending love.
What to say to someone who is struggling emotionally?
11 ways to help someone struggling emotionally
- Validate their emotions. Letting someone know that they are not alone and being open to what they want to share is an important step.
- Just show up.
- Be a good listener.
- Keep things confidential.
- Keep the door open.
- Spend time with them.
- Offer praise.
- Offer practical help.
What to say to someone who is hurting?
How to Show Real Compassion
- Let it be all about them. Say simply “I am so sad that you’re hurting.” Or “I can’t imagine what you’re going through.” People often foolishly say, “I understand because I had…” and go on to describe their own painful experience.
- Listen. The kindest thing you can do is to not talk.
What is it called when someone tries to make you feel better?
Consolation can be the act of making someone feel better, like trying to make them laugh, but it can also be something that makes someone happy, like a plate of warm cookies. Definitions of consolation. the act of consoling; giving relief in affliction. “his presence was a consolation to her” synonyms: comfort, solace.