What are the Filipino vegetables?
Benefits, recipes: Guide to common Filipino vegetables
- Kangkong. When it comes to versatility and nutritional value, kangkong is king.
- Sitaw. Sitaw, not to be confused with green beans or French beans, is more popularly known as string beans.
What are the names of vegetables in English?
- Egg plant.
- String beans.
- Green peas.
What is the English name of upo?
Upo or bottle gourd in English is a kind of huge green vegetable fruit, that is used as main dish.
Can you give me a list of vegetables?
Check before buying!
- Artichoke. Asparagus. Aubergene (eggplant) Avocado. Beet. Bok Choy.
- Cauliflower. Celeriac. Celery. Chard (Red and Swiss) Chicory. Corn.
- Jicama. Kale. Kohlrabi. Leeks. Arugula Lettuce.
- Peas. Snap Sugar Peas. Snow Peas. Anaheim Peppers. Sweet peppers.
- Acorn Squash. Butternut Squash. Patti Pan Squash. Spaghetti Squash. Swede.
What are the leafy vegetables in Philippines?
- PHILIPPINES – Celery.
- PHILIPPINES – Kangkong [Morning glory]
- PHILIPPINES – Ampalaya [Bitter gourd] leaves.
- PHILIPPINES – Sili [Chili pepper] leaves.
- PHILIPPINES – Broccoli.
- PHILIPPINES – Pechay Baguio [Chinese cabbage]
- PHILIPPINES – Cabbage.
- PHILIPPINES – Sili [Chili pepper] leaves.
What is the healthiest vegetables in the Philippines?
Generally speaking, the healthiest vegetables in the Philippines are amaranth, malunggay, bell peppers, sweet potato, butternut squash, chard, and Brussel sprouts.
What are 20 types of vegetables?
Types of Vegetables
|Broccoli Rabe||Brussels Sprouts||Butternut Squash|
|Chives||Collard Greens||Crookneck Squash|
What are the 10 vegetables name?
Vegetable Names in English
- green pepper.
What’s the English of Kalabasa?
It is known in Filipino as kalabasa, or in Philippine English as “squash” or “pumpkin”.
What is English word of Ampalaya?
bitter melon, bitter gourd.
What is Saluyot English?
Saluyot has long been used as food staple since ancient times by Jewish people and Egyptians hence derived its English names Jew’s mallow and Egyptian spinach.
What is the healthiest vegetable in the Philippines?
Top 10 Healthiest Vegetables in the Philippines
- #8: Eggplant.
- #7: Bell Peppers.
- #6: Squash.
- #5: Carrots.
- #4: Sweet Potato.
- #3:Brussel Sprouts.
- #2: Malunggay.
- #1:Brocolli. If it were a boxing match, broccoli can be considered a heavyweight with its immense disease-fighting potential.
Which vegetable has the most vitamins?
1. Spinach. This leafy green tops the chart as one of the most nutrient-dense vegetables. That’s because 1 cup (30 grams) of raw spinach provides 16% of the Daily Value (DV) for vitamin A plus 120% of the DV for vitamin K — all for just 7 calories ( 1 ).
What vegetable should you eat everyday?
Here are 12 of the best vegetables to eat daily for a healthy lifestyle:
- Spinach. Some of the best vegetables to incorporate into your everyday diet are leafy greens.
- Brussel Sprouts.
- Sweet Potatoes.
What are 10 examples of vegetables?
Types of vegetables
- leafy green – lettuce, spinach and silverbeet.
- cruciferous – cabbage, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and broccoli.
- marrow – pumpkin, cucumber and zucchini.
- root – potato, sweet potato and yam.
- edible plant stem – celery and asparagus.
- allium – onion, garlic and shallot.
How many vegetables are in English?
Did you know that there are around 20,000 types of edible (something you can eat) plants? Before you freak out and think, how in the world am I going to master 20,000 vegetable names in English, you should know that only about 20 vegetables make up 90% of the plant-based portion of the average diet.
What’s the English of Kangkong?
The word kangkong has been translated into English as swamp cabbage or river spinach, but those names don’t reflect what kangkong really is except for the fact that it grows where there’s a lot of water. It has also been called “swamp morning glory” because of its flowers.
What is Guyabano in English?
Guyabano (Anona muricata), or soursop as it is known in English, is a small tropical fruit tree bearing a sweet heart-shaped fruit with a soft-spined green outer skin and soft pulpy white flesh.
What is the English word for Sili?
What is Sili In English Translation?
Is jute a spinach?
The stem of a jute plant is commonly spun into strong, coarse threads, but the leaves are highly nutritious and consumed in many parts of the world. Many believe jute leaves are native to Egypt and are thus referred to as Egyptian Spinach, although it is popular in parts of Africa, Asia, and the Middle East.
What vegetables should you eat everyday?
Which vegetable is the healthiest?
Which vegetable is best for health?
What are the most healthful vegetables?
- Spinach. Share on Pinterest Andersen Ross/Getty Images.
- Kale. Kale is a very popular leafy green vegetable with several health benefits.
- Sweet potatoes.
- Fermented vegetables.
What are the 8 types of vegetables?
What is the 10 vegetables name?
Vegetable’s Name In English-Hindi List With Picture | सब्जियों के नाम अंग्रेजी-हिंदी में
|Vegetable English Name||Vegetable Hindi Name|
|Cauliflower (कॉलीफ्लॉवर)||फूल गोभी (Phool Gobhi)|
|Carrot (कैरट)||गाजर (Gajar)|
|Capsicum (कैप्सिकम)||शिमला मिर्च (Shimla Mirch)|
|Cabbage (कैबेज)||पत्ता गोभी (Patta Gobhi)|