How can you tell if a comic book is worth money?
The Top Five Ways to Tell If Your Comic Is Valuable
- Age. Aaron Albert. One of the first things you should look for to determine the value of a comic book is its age.
- Low Issue Number. Gary Dunaier / WikiCommons.
- Grade. Dave / Flickr.
- Popular Characters. Hulton Archive / Getty Images.
- First Appearances. Copyright Marvel.
How much is Superman No 1 worth?
Action Comics No. 1, First Superman Comic, Sells for $3+ Million – The Hollywood Reporter.
How much is a 1995 Superman comic worth?
CGC Signature Series
|$3||DC Comics Superman the Man of Steel Man of Steel #40 VG+|
|$6||DC Comics- Superman; The Man of Steel. ‘Mind Games’. #40 Jan 1995 VF+|
|$8||SUPERMAN THE MAN OF STEEL #40 DC COMICS 1995 VF- NEWSSTAND|
|$12||Superman The Man of Steel #40 Jan 1995 DC Comics|
What comic books are worth money now?
12 Rare and Valuable Comic Books Worth a Fortune
- Action Comics #1 – About $3.2 Million.
- Detective Comics #27 – About $2.1 Million.
- Marvel Comics #1 – About $1.2 Million.
- Amazing Fantasy #15 – About $1.1 Million.
- All-Star Comics #8 – About $936,000.
- Batman #1 – About $567,000.
- Superman #1 – About $507,000.
Where can I sell my comic books for cash?
“Generally, higher-end comics sell at auction close to their price-guide values,” says Segall. “Lower-end comic books are very difficult to sell.
You can check listings and completed auctions on other sites, including:
- Abe Books.
- Comics Price Guide.
- Go Collect.
- Comic Book Realm.
- Heritage Auctions.
Is there an app to value comic books?
This is the most important resource for comic collectors since the Overstreet Price Guide. Key Collector Comics is a free mobile app that focuses exclusively on identifying which comics are the key issues from the Golden Age of comics up until today.
What comic is worth the most money?
1. Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 9.6, US$3.6 million. Last year, Amazing Fantasy #15, a comic that features the first appearance of Spider-Man, set the record for the most expensive comic ever sold.
What DC Comics are worth the most money?
10 Most Expensive DC Comics From The 20th Century, Ranked
- 1 Action Comics #1, $2.8 Million (1938)
- 2 Detective Comics #27, $2.2 Million (1939)
- 3 Batman #1, $1.3 Million (1940)
- 4 Superman #1, $812k (1939)
- 5 All-American Comics #16, $375k (1940)
- 6 Flash Comics #1, $330k (1940)
- 7 Detective Comics #31, $260k (1939)
How much is the 1993 death of Superman comic worth?
Superman The Death of Superman TPB (1993 DC) 1st Edition comic books
|Add to cart Near Mint $29.95||Add to cart Near Mint $29.95||Add to cart Very Fine $24.00|
|Add to cart Fine $17.75||Add to cart Fine $17.75||Add to cart Very Good $11.99|
Which Superman comics are worth the most money?
Top 15 Most Valuable Superman Comics of All-Time
- of 15. Action Comics #13 (1938)
- of 15. Action Comics #23 (1940)
- of 15. Action Comics #10 (1939)
- of 15. Action Comics #3 (1938)
- of 15. Action Comics #2 (1938)
- of 15. Action Comics #7 (1938) DC Comics.
- of 15. Superman #1 (1939) DC Comics.
- of 15. Action Comics #1 (1938) DC Comics.
Will 90s comics ever be worth anything?
Although the end of the 20th century was a troubling time for the comic book industry, some comics from the ’90s are worth the kind of money that would make Bruce Wayne take notice. But the most important ’90s comics in terms of storytelling and character development aren’t necessarily the most valuable.
Where is the best place to sell my comic books?
Top Places To Sell Your Comic Books
- eBay. FangXiaNuo / Getty Images.
- Heritage Auctions. If you have a lot of old and more pricey comic books, then I would suggest you take a look at an auction site like Heritage.
- Your Local Comic Shop.
- Charitable Contribution.
Where is the best place to sell my comics?
Do all comics go up in value?
As a general rule, most comic books will go up in value. How much they go up can vary greatly. That can depend on many factors such as rarity, condition, and popularity. Using comic books as an investment will require much from the collector.
Are 90’s comics worth anything?
Are 1970’s comics worth anything?
Comics with a cover price of 35 cents were published from 1977 thru 1978. Comics with a cover price of 40 cents were published from 1978 thru 1980. There are many exceptions to the comic age cover price rule. An example would be Giant-Size X-Men 1 which was published in 1975 but has a cover price of 50 cents.
How much is a 1994 Superman comic book worth?
Price Guide Report
|GD 2.0||VG 4.0||FN 6.0|
How much is a 1987 Superman comic book worth?
DC COMICS 1987 SUPERMAN #4 CGC 8.0 1ST APPEARANCE!
Superman (1987 2nd Series) comic books with issue numbers 1-22.
|$3||Superman #2 (1987)|
|$65||Superman #2 CGC 9.6 DC Comics DCU 1987|
What 80’s comics are worth money?
1. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 First Printing, Origin and First Appearance of the Team, BREAKS NEW GROUND! Record sale: $245,000 (Not a typo!) It’s long been the most expensive comic book published in the 1980s.
What is the most valuable comic book right now?
These are the 20 most expensive comic books in the world:
- Flash Comics #1 – $450,000.
- X-Men #1 – $492,937.50.
- Batman #1 – $567,625.00.
- All-Star Comics #8 – $936,223.
- Detective Comics #27 – $1,075 Million.
- Amazing Fantasy #15 – $1.1 Million.
- Action Comics #1 – CGC 8.5 – $1.5 Million.
- Action Comics #1 – CGC 9.0 – $3.2 Million.
Where can I sell comics for cash?
If you want to sell your comic book collection in one go, then one of the easiest options is to call local comic buyers or stores. Most buyers will pay one bulk price for your entire collection and take it off your hands, leaving you with only cash in your pocket (don’t ever accept checks).
How can I sell comic books for cash?
If possible, sell in person
Working with a dealer or being able to assess a collection’s physical condition can be a good way to get the best deal, especially if you’re willing to be patient. While sites like eBay or Sell My Comic Books can be good, you might be able to get a slightly better deal in person.
Is now a good time to sell comics?
Is now a good time to sell? The big picture, ignoring the Coronavirus, is yes. Most vintage comic books are selling for all-time high prices. Disney keeps putting out the Marvel movies and TV series, so that is creating demand for a lot of comic book back issues.
What are the most expensive comics from the 90s?
‘New Mutants #98’ (1991): $7,500
His debut comic, New Mutants #98 by Fabian Nicieza and Rob Liefeld, generally sells for hundreds of dollars. A mint condition copy reportedly once sold for $7,500, which set the record for comics from the ’90s.
What comics from the 80’s are worth money?
Most Expensive Copper Age Comics #11 – #20
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (2nd Printing)
- 2021 Update: 2nd printing is the poor man’s 1st printing.
- Amazing Spider-Man #252 (1984):
- Gobbledygook #1 (1984):
- Daredevil #181 (1981):
- Amazing Spider-Man #316 (1989):
- Superman (1988):
- Vampirella #113 (1988):